Other Ways to Help Our Program
Donations, large and small, keep us going so that we can continue to provide free doulas services to new families.
We are a non-profit, volunteer group so your financial support or other donations are tax-deductible, and will help you sleep like a baby!
Help us earn cash by using the Internet – it’s easy and doesn’t cost a thing:
Raise money for Hearts & Hands every time you search the Internet or shop online.
Use www.GoodSearch.com as your search engine,
and get to your favorite online stores using www.GoodShop.com - Powered by Yahoo, and we get a small percentage every time you click. (Just list the UCSD Hearts & Hand Doulas as the charity you wish to support.)
Help fill our Birth Bags:
Can you help provide some of the expendable items we use for care and comfort during labor?
- Aromatherapy oils
- Massage oil or lotion
- Cold/hot packs
- Non-perishable snacks (doulas don’t take lunch breaks)
- Bottled water
- Lip balm
- Hard candies, breath mints
- Music CDs
More on our Wish List:
- Yarn for knitting baby hats
- Compact photo printer supplies (for baby’s first photos)
- Entertainment for waiting families (playing cards, crayons/coloring books)
- Door prizes for our monthly meetings (gift cards etc)
- Recognition gifts for doulas who contribute “above and beyond”
Tell a friend:
- Do you know someone else who might want to help support us?
- We want to make sure that everyone knows about the benefits of doula care, and how to use our services.
- We are looking more good women to join us as doulas so that we can expand our program.
Contact us for more details on how to help.
- Thank You for your support!